Steamed Pork and Green Onions Dumplings
New way to make a dumplings as appetizer for your next party celebration.
4 1/2 (500 g) cups flour, sifted
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
7 oz (200 g) lean boneless pork, minced
4 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
2 tsp scallions, chopped
7 tsp sesame oil
5 floz (140 ml) water for the filling
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and 9 oz (250 ml) of water into a dough. Let rise, Knead and roll the dough until smooth and elastic.
2. Mix the pork with the soy sauce and ginger.
3. Gradually add 5 oz (140 ml) of water, 1 1/2 oz at a time, stirring after each addition until the pork becomes a thick paste.
4. Mix in the scallions and sesame oil.
5. Knead the dough and roll into a long roll.
6. Divide it into 30 portions and roll each into a flat circle about 3 inches (7 to 8 cm) in diameter
7. Divide the fillings into 30 equal portions.
8. Fill with 1 portion of the pork mixture and seal tightly
9. Place the dumplings in a bamboo steamer and steam for 7 minutes.
10. Remove and serve.
11. Makes 30 Dumplings