Steamed Sio Mai - Ground Pork & Mushrooms #DumplingsWorldwide
•1 pound ground pork
•4 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and diced
•1 tablespoon soy sauce
•1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
•1 teaspoon sesame oil
•1/2 teaspoon sugar
•2 dozen gyoza wrappers (or won ton wrappers cut into circles).
1. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except gyoza wrappers.
2. Working one at a time, put 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of a gyoza wrapper.
3. Gather up the sides to form pleats (the top will be open).
4. Pinch slightly in middle to form a "waist," press down filling on the top, and tap the bottom so that the sio mai can stand up.
5. Arrange sio mai on an oiled heatproof plate or a steamer tray.
6. Steam over boiling water 15 - 20 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
7. Makes 24